Rams at Falcons Postgame Notes
Sunday, September 15, 2013
- The Rams fell to the Falcons, 24-31.Today’s matchup marked the 76th all-time meeting between the two teams. The Rams continue to hold a 47-27-2 advantage in the series.
- QB Sam Bradford threw for 352 yards and completed 32-of-55passes with three touchdowns. Marked Bradford’s seventh career game with 300-plus yards and fourth game with three touchdowns.
- Today’s game marked the fourth consecutive game without a sack on Bradford. The last time the Rams had four consecutive games without a sack was during the 1973 season with quarterback John Hadl.
- Bradford scrambled for a 23 yard gain to put the Rams in scoring position in the fourth quarter. The play set a new career-long for Bradford.
- WR Chris Givens caught five passes for 105 yards, including a long of 47 yards. Marks Givens’ second career game with at least 100 yards. Previously, he posted 115 yards at Arizona (11/25/12).
- Rookie WR Tavon Austin earned his first NFL start. He registered his first NFL touchdown on a 6-yard pass from Bradford, and added a second touchdown reception on a 10-yard grab. He finished with six receptions for 47 yards.
- WR Austin Pettis registered a 3-yard touchdown reception from Bradford. Marked Pettis’ first touchdown of the season and fifth career. He finished the game with a team-leading eight receptions for 78 yards, both marks set new personal bests.
- RB Daryl Richardson rushed 10 times for 35 yards and caught five passes for 45 yards to give him 80 total yards from scrimmage.
- DE Robert Quinn notched a sack on Falcons’ QB Matt Ryan for a loss of 10 yards. Marked his fourth sack of the season, 19.5 career.
- After posting three sacks in Week 1, today’s performance marked the fifth time in Quinn’s career that he has posted back-to-back games with at least one sack in a single season. Dating back to Week 17 of the 2012 season, today’s performance marked three consecutive games with a sack for Quinn.
- DE Eugene Sims recorded his first sack of the 2013 season on Ryan for a loss of seven yards. Marked his fourth career sack.
- Since Coach Fisher has taken over the Rams, the defense has notched at least one sack in 17-of-18 games.
- K Greg Zuerlein converted a 29-yard field goal. He is now five-for-five on field goal attempts this season.
- P Johnny Hekker punted six times for 298 yards, including a long of 63 yards. Hekker’s average was 49.7 yards, a 49.0 net.